Customer Service Representative- Commercial Lines
We are searching for an experienced Customer Service Representative- Commercial Lines.
South Bend, Indiana
Provide customer service on commercial accounts. Such servicing will include verbal and written communication with clients and carriers as well as working closely with production personnel. The ability to develop good working relationships is essential.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
1. Responsible for completing classifying, rating and preparing comparisons of insurance products and product prices for clients.
2. Responsible for preparing renewal submissions; reviewing and invoicing policies; requesting changes
3. Responsible for answering clients questions about coverage, billing, etc.
4. Responsible for obtaining updated underwriting information from clients; preparing proposals.
5. Responsible for completing coverage analyses in accordance with TCU Agency underwriting guidelines.
6. Will perform additional duties as requested.
· Knowledge of insurance terminology
· Ability to work well with others
· Ability to deal with problems & resolve them in a timely fashion
· Ability to adapt to change and learn quickly
· Computer literacy (Windows environment, Word Processing)
· Basic knowledge of business writing
· Responsible for meeting the goals as set out in their Performance Management Objectives
· Accountable for the proper processing of any cash or checks received.
· Responsible for meeting established deadlines.
· Accountable for the quality of customer service rendered
· Responsible for the verification and documentation of existing insurance policies.
· Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
· H.S. diploma or GED
· 2 to 3 years experience in the insurance industry
· Basic knowledge of accounting debits and credits
· License for property & casualty required
19.6800 - 24.6100
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.