The Data Analyst will be responsible for providing analytical services and solutions that meet business needs. Work will include the connection of various business systems and data silos to facilitate a holistic business analysis and reporting of vital KPIs. The position will meet frequently with business units to discuss needs and effectively communicate technical solutions at a business level.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
1. This role will be responsible for the gathering and documenting of both functional and technical requirements from business and project teams.
2. Evaluate, design, review and implement and maintain databases to the needs of business.
3. Applies query, data exploration and transformation, basic statistical methods and visualization techniques to create business insights.
4. Performs validation and testing to confirm the accuracy of the information created.
5. Interprets results of analyses, identifies trends and issues, and develops recommendations to support business objectives.
6. Develop reports, KPIs and Dashboards that meet the business reporting needs. This includes not only getting the correct data, but also aggregating, integrating, and presenting it in a matter that provides clarity of meaning and drives decisions.
7. Provide input to the development and implementation of a metadata strategy to provide developers and end-users with data definitions and lineage.
8. Quickly become proficient in all aspects of enterprise data in order to serve as a data Subject Matter Expert and Consultant.
9. Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary for the continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union.
· Technically inclined, problem-solving and general interpersonal skills are necessary.
· Good verbal and written communication skills are necessary.
· Should be able to demonstrate adaptability and self-motivation to learn.
· Strong organizational, time management and project management skills are necessary.
· A desire to excel and grow within your role and beyond.
· Travel may be required for education, conferences and vendor evaluations.
· Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.
· Responsible for completion of all work assigned within the predetermined deadlines.
· Accountable for protection of security and confidentiality of all systems maintained.
· Accountable for the purchasing of IT purchases as indicated in TCU’s Fixed Asset Policy (IT Network Purchasing Specialist) and TCU’s Cash Expenditure Policy (IT Purchasing Specialist).
· Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
· Working toward or completion of a four-year college degree in computer science, or equivalent work experience
· One or more years of experience gathering and documenting both functional and technical requirements from business and project teams.
· One or more years of experience performing data analysis including the development of reports, dashboards and data models.
· One or more years of experience utilizing database technologies for data analytics. Experience with Microsoft SQL Server and T-SQL are preferred.
· Experience in creating database queries and stored procedures.
· One or more years of experience using business intelligence and analytics tools. Experience in R, Excel, Power BI, Tableau, Qlik are a plus
· Experience with .Net and C# is a plus