We are searching for an experienced Collector.
South Bend, Indiana 46601
Collects past due accounts in a professional manner, protecting the Credit Union’s assets while attempting to serve the member’s best interest whenever possible. Employees in this position must be capable of conducting telephone calls to accounts that are 20-60 days past due.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Collects loans and credit cards up to 60 days past due by telephone and written correspondence.
Assists members with problem situations to resolve delinquency.
Obtains promises of payment and follow-up on any broken promises.
Discusses various payment options with delinquent members.
Reviews potential re-writes and legal actions with the Team Leader.
Pulls files, runs credit reports and does skip tracing as necessary.
Refers members to loan personnel for questions relative to limits.
- The ability to navigate the systems to determine the member’s total delinquency.
*Requires some evening and weekend hours.
- Communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Documentation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy in a windows environment
- Innovative questioning skills
- Appropriate knowledge of collection terminology
- Ability to read credit reports, understand loan documents and skip trace delinquent members
- Telephone manners, the ability to compose simple collection notes, the utilization of appropriate voice tones.
- To fulfill the credit unions, need for professional contacts with delinquent members.
- An understanding of the laws and rules, which guide the collection of past due accounts, is necessary.
- The ability to effectively communicate and appropriately document communications within the parameters set by law and policies.
- A collector must also be able to work as a team member and support the work of co-workers.
- Performance goals as outlined in the performance management system.
- Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
- High School Diploma, GED, or equivalent skills
- 6 months or more of collection experience
15.0000 - 18.7500
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.