External Mortgage Loan Originator
We are searching for an experienced External Mortgage Loan Originator to promote TCU Mortgage Services within our Northwest market.
Valparaiso, Indiana 46383
Works externally within assigned markets to create new lead and referral sources resulting in new mortgage production and memberships for TCU. Coaches and advises members on all aspects of mortgage programs. Recommends and sells the appropriate products and services to maximize the profitability of the member’s relationship.
Primary Responsibilities & Duties
- Identify outreach opportunities where TCU products and services would be appropriate.
- Work closely with centers of influence to expand the TCU brand through sales, service, community involvement, and financial literacy.
- Develop and maintain an external sales plan to generate new business opportunities.
- Develop long term relationships with local realtors, builders and other community partners.
- Participate in Realtor and Builder associations to develop relationships within the community.
- Participate in Chamber of Commerce, Business Networking, or other professional networking associations within your assigned markets.
- Manage mortgage production pipeline to ensure department and individual goals are met.
- Educate and advise members on the mortgage process and specific programs.
- Ability to complete a thorough, accurate loan application on the loan origination software, pull member’s credit information, reconcile all liabilities with member, send accurate information to automated underwriting system (DU), and obtain all required documentation.
- Responsible for complying with all state and federal regulations including, but not limited to, RESPA, HMDA, TRID and Fair Lending Practices and credit union policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ongoing communication with member and notification of the status of the mortgage loan.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of all TCU products and services to promote and cross sell.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as necessary for the continued growth and advancement of the Credit Union.
Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Computer literacy (Windows environment) data entry skills required and proficient use of technology tools and system navigation skills.
Familiarity with secondary market underwriting guidelines and knowledge of automated underwriting system (DU)
Sales skills with ability to build internal and external relationships
Attention to detail and prioritize work activities to use time efficiently.
Completion of an accurate application with all applicable compliance regulations relating to mortgage loan origination.
Compliance with applicable underwriting guidelines for mortgage programs.
Mortgage production and sales goals as established by Mortgage Sales Manager
Accountable for understanding and applying government laws and regulations and TCU policies and procedures relating to the Anti-Money Laundering Regulations including but not limited to the Bank Secrecy Act (BSA), US PATRIOT ACT and OFAC.
Accountable for Performance Management Goals as agreed upon with Supervisor.
High School Diploma (GED) or equivalent skills and abilities.
Minimum 3 - years’ experience in a mortgage-related field.
Comprehensive knowledge of the mortgage industry, financial institution products and services
Must be registered with an active NMLS License ID or meet registration requirements with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System to obtain NMLS License ID.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.